EDDM Postcard Sizes – Requirements
Every door direct mail, or EDDM, is a great option for many businesses who want to mail to potential prospects in their area. The USPS has a few EDDM size requirements that your piece must meet in order to mail at the lower postage rates. The EDDM mailer only needs to fit at least one of the following requirements.
There is a minimum length measurement and a maximum length requirement for EDDM mailers.
- Minimum Length = 10.5 inches
- Maximum Length = 15 inches
There is a minimum width measurement and a maximum width requirement for EDDM mailers.
- Minimum Width = 6.125 inches
- Maximum Width = 12 inches
There is a minimum thickness measurement and a maximum thickness requirement for EDDM mailers.
- Minimum Thickness = .25 inches
- Maximum Thickness = .75 inches
Best EDDM Postcard Sizes
There are plenty of options to choose from for an EDDM mailing. The most common sizes we see are 6.5 x 9, 4.5 x 12, or 8.5 x 11. Because you do not need to address individual pieces, or purchase a mailing list, paying slightly more for a larger size is justified.
6.5 x 9 EDDM Postcard
This size is closest to a “standard” direct mail postcard and is very cost efficient.
Pricing for Print and Mail EDDM Services – 6.5 x 9 EDDM Postcard
- 1000 = $290 + $0.191 per piece postage
- 2500 = $415 + $0.191 per piece postage
- 5000 = $575 + $0.191 per piece postage
4.5 x 12 EDDM Postcard
A major goal for direct mail marketing is the ability to stand out. This odd size will help achieve that goal.
Pricing for Print and Mail EDDM Services – 4.5 x 12 EDDM Postcard
- 1000 = $305 + $0.191 per piece postage
- 2500 = $435 + $0.191 per piece postage
- 5000 = $625 + $0.191 per piece postage
8.5 x 11 EDDM Postcard
Maximize real estate with a full sheet of paper sized EDDM postcard.
Pricing for Print and Mail EDDM Services – 8.5 x 11 EDDM Postcard
- 1000 = $360 + $0.191 per piece postage
- 2500 = $525 + $0.191 per piece postage
- 5000 = $770 + $0.191 per piece postage
Select Routes for EDDM Project
Using the map tool on the USPS website, you can easily select carrier routes that you would like to mail to. Enter your address or a zip code and then select a radius distance. Now you can scroll over the carrier routes, and view information such as: homes, businesses, average age, and more.